I hold the Certified Lactation Counselor® designation from The Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice (ALPP). ALPP is a non-profit organization that provides a national certification program in breastfeeding and human lactation for nurses, physicians, dietitians, WIC personnel, peer counselors, independent lactation counselors and others.
I have completed over 250 hours (L-CERPs) of training and education approved by the Lactation Education Accreditation and Approval Review Committee (LEAARC) in the field of breastfeeding counseling.
Before You Begin
- Let’s talk through the facts—and maybe some misconceptions—about how breastfeeding works, and prepare you to feed your baby with confidence from day one.
- Did you, or someone you know, have a bad previous experience? Let’s work through what happened and get you ready for a fresh start!
- Partner or family members not sure about this? I can help prepare everyone in your household with facts about the benefits of breastfeeding, and how best to help you and your baby if you choose to breastfeed.
- Nipples stressed? It should not be painful. If something does not look or feel right to you, I can provide feedback and coaching for a healthy breastfeeding latch that’s not tight or pinching!
- Concerned about nursing all the time? Let’s talk about baby-led feeding patterns and what is normal.
- On the go? Let’s review how to use and clean your breast pump, store your milk, and integrate bottle feeding.
How to Ask Me for Help
- I love to make home visits, and I book two-hour appointments, so we have plenty of time to work through your unique story and your baby’s natural cycles. One two-hour home visit is $75, payable by check, card, or cash.
- I love workshops! Reserve a spot in an upcoming workshop here.
I understand that not everything is intuitive for new mamas. I have lots of strategies for common breastfeeding questions and concerns, as well as access to some fantastic scientific evidence-based resources that I love to share!
If you are experiencing fever, acute pain, or a medical emergency, please contact your physician or medical care provider right away! I can not diagnose or prescribe.