I hold the Certified Lactation Counselor® designation from The Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice (ALPP). ALPP is a non-profit organization that provides a national certification program in breastfeeding and human lactation for nurses, physicians, dietitians, WIC personnel, peer counselors, independent lactation counselors and others.
I have completed nearly 300 hours (L-CERPs) of training and education approved by the Lactation Education Accreditation and Approval Review Committee (LEAARC) in the field of breastfeeding counseling.
- Discuss the benefits of breastfeeding your baby
- Provide evidence-based information about the science of lactation and how moms produce milk
- Help with newborn nursing latch troubles and nipple pain
- Observe and discuss baby’s diapers, set expectations for what is normal
- Talk about the hormones of breastfeeding and how they may make you feel
- Show you how to hand-express milk
- Help manage expectations about how long and how frequently your baby might want to feed
- Explain why baby might lose weight before he gains
- Help with strategies for moving that blocked duct, or getting relief when you’re engorged
- Give proactive tips about self-care to avoid common breastfeeding issues
- Know when it’s time to call the doctor or an IBCLC for clinical help
- Teach you how to assemble and use your pump
- Teach you and your partner paced bottle-feeding
- Help you plan for your return to work, or your date night
- Offer resources on laws that protect you and your right to breastfeed
How to Ask Me for Help
- I love to make home visits, and I book two-hour appointments, so we have plenty of time to work through your unique story and your baby’s natural cycles. One two-hour home visit is $75, payable by check, card, or cash.
- If you know you’d like more support, you can book four consecutive weekly home visits for a total of $200. Payment is due in advance for this plan.
- I love workshops! Reserve a spot in an upcoming workshop here. Workshops are for prenatal moms in a group setting at TransforMama on the last Sunday of each month. Your $45 ticket covers you and a support person, plus resources to take home.
- For more information, reach me at 917-331-9643 or email@example.com
I understand that not everything is intuitive for new mamas. I have lots of strategies for common breastfeeding questions and concerns, as well as access to some fantastic scientific evidence-based resources that I love to share!
If you are experiencing fever, acute pain, or a medical emergency, please contact your physician or medical care provider right away! I can not diagnose or prescribe.