Birth is a life-changing experience! Education and support are essential.
Here are some of the trainings I have completed:
- DONA International Postpartum Doula training at Homegrown Babies in Asheville, NC in 2018
- Epigenetics and the Microbiome with Dona International in 2018
- Dona International Birth Doula training with Rae Davies of The Birth Company in 2019
- Savvy Birth Pro Workshop “How to Help Families Get Evidence Based Care” with Evidence Based Birth in 2019
- Spinning Babies Workshop in 2019
- BEST Birth Doula training with Amanda Devereux and Maria Pokluda in 2020, certification renewed in 2022.
I would love to talk with you about your birth plans and preferences. I offer a free, 30-minute pre-contract interview, and I encourage you to interview me and other doulas to find a good fit! I am a member of the Memphis Birth Collective, which has a great variety of birth-related professionals who would love to meet you.
In general, a birth doula contract with me includes prenatal visits, labor and birth support, and at least one postpartum visit. I love to do postpartum care home visits, even if you were not my birth client!
Preparing for birth? Here are 12 beautiful pregnancy and birth meditations you can do on your own time.